Monday, November 2, 2009

Recipe Help

So...this year, I was not able to get any time off to go home for Thanksgiving. We were really bummed out, but Tay's parents decided to make my year and come here! We are so excited to see everybody and can't wait for them to get here. However, I have never actually done a Thanksgiving dinner by myself before and I'm a little bit nervous. I need some good recipes for things like stuffing, pies, side dishes, etc. I would really appreciate any help that you can give me with some good family recipes! I know that it's kind of a pain, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I made these once for Thanksgiving! Fantastic!!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Brown-Sugar-Glazed-Sweet-Potatoes-with-Marshmallows-813

Kathleen said...

I have never done my own Thanksgiving either. I use this website all the time for recipies though: allrecipies.com

I like it because you can sort by rating, and read reviews of other cooks. I know they have some Thanksgiving stuff.

P.S. Please, please, please, share the recipies you gather =)I know your meal will be AMAZING!

Kathleen said...

Oh, just make some of your spinach artichoke dip. That is so good that I'm sure you could make an entire meal out of it! =)

Unknown said...

I bet my mom will help you out. Do you want me to call Grandma Peterson for her recipe for rolls (they're the best)! Oh, you have no idea how jealous I am right now... I WANT TO COME!!!

The Miles Family said...

Hey Taylor and Amanda, I'm glad I found your blog. Taylor and I used to live next to each other growing up and hung out sometimes. It is great to be able to see where you guys live and what you're up to. Congrats on graduating Amanda and good luck as you finish up Taylor. Taylor, please tell your family hi for me. I haven't seen them or you forever!