Saturday, January 2, 2010

GOODBYE 2009!

I'm always surprised at how fast time flies! I can't believe that I am going to have to start writing 2010. Let me tell you how much of an old lady I am. On New Year's Eve I worked until about 5:30 and came home. We don't know many people here, so we just decided to have a low key night, get some pizza, and watch a movie. So anyways, I came home and, being the old lady that I am, was ready for bed by about 8:00, but Tay insisted that I needed to stay up. So, I dragged my pillow out onto the couch and pretty much passed out long before midnight. Then, at midnight, Tay yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR" in the living room, my crazy neighbors started firing off definitely illegal fireworks and I got majorly GRUMPY. Anyways, not the best way to start off the new year.
On New Year's Eve, Tay and I were talking to Nicole and Travis on Skype about all of the things that happened in 2009. It's amazing how much can happen to change your life in just one year! This past year, I graduated from PA school and started my first job in Moses Lake, WA. What a ride! Taylor was finally able to go back to school to start working on his degree again. Those have been two of the major changes in our lives, but there were many, many things that happened in both of our families as well. I have to admit that I take a lot of things for granted. I have come to realize since we have moved how much I took our families for granted. I mean, I loved spending time with them, but I never realized how hard it would be to not see them for extended periods of time. I also take my poor husband for granted. He does so much for me and is so sweet. I don't know how he does it. I always say that if I was married to somebody like me, I would have been divorced a long time ago! It is my New Year's resolution to be more grateful and show my gratitude more often.
As we start the new year out, Tay will be starting up his next semester and I will be continuing on in my job. We are pretty boring, but oh well. We don't have anything too excited planned yet, but hopefully, we will be able to take a nice vacation this year sometime.
Here's a total change of subject, but in exactly 1 week, Tay and I are leaving to visit our families! We are soooo excited and can't wait to see everybody! Nicole...seriously, tell the baby to come out already so we will be able to see her!!!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

I don't know who's more excited, you or your family here in Idaho. We can't wait to see both of you. It was fun to be with Nicole and Travis and be able to talk to you on Skype. It felt almost like you were right there. It made my night:)

Unknown said...

It really was awesome to talk to you guys on New Years Eve, and we are just as old farts as you are. I went to bed before midnight that night too. 2009 was such an amazing year, it was definitely a huge year of change for the whole family! It is crazy how fast things change and before we know it were all grown up :) I can't wait to see you guys and trust me if I had the power I would shoot this baby out of me this very second! Maybe she's just waiting for you guys to get here (let's hope not)

Kathleen said...

I miss you guys SO MUCH!!!! (do my comments always start that way? oh well, it's true) We really missed you guys over Christmas. The only consolation was that we will see you soon.
If that baby hasn't come yet, maybe you can help Nicole out a little ;)
This has been a big year, especially for me. As I was writing our Christmas post, I was reminded that I hadn't even met Kent yet last Christmas. My life is so different, in such a wonderful way.
Anyways, LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU! Can't wait to see you soon!

Heather Williams said...

Hey Amanda, thanks for taking such great care of Hattie when we come in for her visits. It's fun to read your blog and I am so jealous that you get to go home this weekend. I'm happy for you guys! But hey, I wanted to write and ask if you have ever heard of the store, "Crate and Barrel?" Anyway, I have the magazine and totally think of you when I look through it, I think you'd love their stuff. Anyways, random, but yeah. We need to have you guys over soon. Travel safe!