Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gracie

As many of you know, my 3 year old neice Gracie was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer about 2 weeks ago. She has been in the hospital undergoing tests in order to stage her cancer and is now getting ready to start chemotherapy. She was diagnosed with a Stage III (high risk) Neuroblastoma. This news came as a complete surprise to us and it has been a really hard thing to digest. Gracie is looking at months of chemotherapy and all of the associated side effects before it is safe enough for the doctors to try and surgically remove the tumor. I would really appreciate any prayers that you could give them at this time, especially little Gracie. She needs them more that I can say. There is a blog set up for her at www.graciecare.blogspot.com that tells her story and keeps you updated on what's going on. Hope that everybody is doing well.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

We will definitely keep her in our prayers. Sometimes I wonder why some of us are given certain challenges and others aren't. I know there are no answers to that question. Only to know that it is all in His hands.

Unknown said...

Our prayers will continue to be with sweet little Gracie and the family. Thank you for letting us know about the blog, she is such a beautiful strong little girl. The picture with her dad is so touching, it is a parents greatest fear to have to watch your little ones suffer. Gracie really seems like such an angel, it is so hard because I feel so powerless to provide any real help but I know that the Lord can and that we can see miracles and receive answers to our prayers.

Seth said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers.

Heather Williams said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about this. We will definatly pray for this beautiful little girl.

Thanks again for always taking your time with Hattie when she comes in for visits.

heather