Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hunger

Wow....this week has been a tough one for some reason. I am now half-way in this process. I have 7 1/2 weeks to go and I have been dieting for that same amount of time. I am now on my 4th week of very low carbs. I take in about 60 grams of carbs daily which consists of 1/2 c. of oatmeal after my workout and then the rest comes from vegetables. As a result of staying on low carbs for so long, I occasionally get a "cheat" meal which consists of 1.5 hours of eating what I feel like. My first cheat meal was a couple of weeks ago and I paid for it dearly the next day when I went to the track to do my sprints/plyo workout. Definitely not one of my finer moments, but let me share...I sprinted 200 meters followed immediately by 200 meters of lunges and then repeat that process going around the track without rest. Let me just say that there was projectile vomiting and 1/2 hour of me laying on the football field seeing stars after that one. Then I had to get up as soon as the stars stopped and finish my workout with my jump squats and skater jumps. Again, so glad that nobody had a video camera that day:) So, anyway, back to the diet. With such low carbs in my diet, many things happen...1.) I turn into a grumpy monster that will bite anybody's head off with little or no provocation. 2.) I feel like I have no energy whatsoever...even if I wanted to chase a little kid to steal his ice cream cone, I couldn't do it:) 3.) I FEEL HUNGRY!!! I sincerely believe that for most of my life I haven't really known what hunger feels like. Sure, I've been "hungry" before, but not like this. My meals are very planned out and if I deviate from that plan, my stomach turns into a painful grumbling mess and then the grumpy monster is soon to follow:) Poor Taylor...maybe everybody that reads this could call him and give him some moral support while he has to live with a crazy lady for the next 7 1/2 weeks! On a more positive note, I have started stoning my suit and it doesn't look half bad! I have really had to put my perfectionistic side away and realize that it's not going to be perfect, but it will still be pretty. So there's the weekly update...thanks for letting me vent here. I feel like it's therapeutic to just get it out sometimes:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I admire your discipline! That workout sounds INTENSE! Wow, it would be really rewarding to be able to push your body so much and see your limits though. I think being hungry and not eating carbs would destroy me, good luck holding onto the very fibers of your self control ;) You just need a human punching bag for a few more months, at least Taylor is a macho man and can take it ;) Love you Amanda!!!

Scott and Kel said...

I am hungry for you right now. ha,ha I can only imagine how grumpy I would be eating a diet like that. My kids would hate me, my husband would trade me in and I may not even be able to stand myself! Good luck...if anyone can do it, it's certainly you!!!!

Kathleen said...

Few can do what you are doing. You are one special gal!
With most things in life, the amount of work and sacrifice is proportional to the pay off. I am excited for you and your final result!!!
Good luck to you and Taylor in the final weeks!!!