Sunday, October 12, 2008

#1 Reason NOT to live in Idaho

So...call me a whiner if you want to, but I HATE being cold. So, it naturally follows that I hate snow. Anyway, here's the weather change situation that has started me on my complaining rampage. Last year in Idaho. we had 9 months of winter. 9 MONTHS for crying out loud! So, when there was no snow by the end of September, I was cautiously optimistic. Mother nature smashed my hope into a million pieces as the temperature started dropping at an alarming rate last week. Well, the other day, I woke up and let my dogs out to go to the bathroom and noticed that they wouldn't put all four paws on the ground at once. That was my first clue that it had gotten below freezing the night before. The second clue came when I fell flat on my butt while walking down my icy steps with my hands full in an effort to get out to my car. The best part of that was not only the fact that my butt was basically broken and soaking wet, but I had a protein shake in my hands which ended up on my shirt. Oh, and did I mention that my neighbor saw the whole thing and laughed at me? So, then I woke up yesterday morning to snow on the ground. A little depressing, but it was only about an inch, so I tried not to be too upset. This morning, I woke up to about 4 inches of snow. Let me tell you...it is not a fun task to get 2 chihuahuas to go outside when the snow is as tall as they are. Sadie just gives up on life and lays on her side with all 4 paws in the air until I go and rescue her. It's pretty pathetic. She hates the snow just as much as I do. Anyway, I knew that I would have to start my car early so that I could get to church on time, so I went outside and discovered that my ice scraper was missing. I proceeded to wipe 4 inches of snow off of my entire car with my bare hands and managed to fall on my butt once again (at least this time, I didn't have an audience). So, then I changed into my church clothes and miraculously managed to make it to my car without falling again. But, when I got into my car, the little bit of snow that I didn't wipe off earlier fell down and landed on my seat, which was just FABULOUS because it made it so I showed up at church with a wet butt anyway. I just don't know if my butt can handle another Idaho winter. Well, there's my battle with snow. Thanks for listening to me vent. For all of you that live in areas with no snow....ENJOY IT!

7 comments:

Seth said...

New Mexico is amazing. You guys should consider living here. When it snows half and inch, we are all like, "what is that weird white sand outside?"

But I am sure Kristina can sympathize strongly. She hates even half an inch of snow and she grew up in a mountain pass that literally gets 16 feet of snow every winter. Only their chimney sticks out.

Oh, and we are going there for Christmas........sigh

Okie Bloxhams said...

that sux. it was 82 degrees today in sunny Oklahoma!;o) I hate snow too. the kids love it though.

Spencer said...

Back of Seth!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it!!!!!

They are moving to AZ, don't give them any of that Northern Mexico hogwash :)


The weather was perfect today. Like a high in the low 80's. No ice, no four inches of snow. We miss you guys, Taylor and Amanda

I am serious, Amanda needs to come here and get a job and Taylor go to school here in the valley!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Amanda, its not that bad :( If you will stay I will be here with a blow dryer in hand to dry off your wet bum! J/K, kind of... That is so funny, I didn't know you went through such trauma this morning. You are the best for watching Kaydence in church, I get so much more out of it when I'm not chasing her around! You need to stay, we would miss you too much! You can learn to love the snow!

Kristina said...

I HATE HATE HATE snow! I also grew up in a very snowy area and so I am very happy to be living in NM where they consider a light frost a terrible snowstorm worth of canceling schoo :P

Kathleen said...

I often wonder why I liver here when winter comes around too. I haven't had the luck of falling on the ice yet, but winter is just begining. At least it's not quite so bad in Twin Falls. It's still green here.

Unknown said...

Amanda, Travis tagged Taylor on our blog. Make sure he does it. You could ask him the questions then post his answers (that's what I did). You can change the questions as you like, do more answers to each question or less. (Example: You would do more answers on favorite restaurants, Travis just doesn't have one)