Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cutting and Loving It

Hey everyone! Thought that I'd post a quick update on us. I am in my 4th week of my Surgery rotation. I'm in Twin Falls, which is about 120 miles away from Pocatello. Kathleen has been sweet enough to let me invade her space and stay with her and the girls. It's been a lot of fun to be around her. The girls are so cute! I'm not quite sure how she does all that she does and still maintains her sanity, but she does a great job. I am in surgery now, and I love it. My supervising Doc is the most amazing person. He not only has a PA student or resident (or both) with him year round, but he volunteers in the community more than anybody I know. He also wakes up early to come in and teach me surgical anatomy every morning, as if I don't take up enough of his time as it is. I have been really blessed to have him teach me. He lets me do a TON in surgery, which really helps me learn and get the experience I need. It's been really great. Also, there are quite a few other surgeons that have been willing to let me scrub in on their surgeries, so I have been able to see a lot of really cool stuff. However, it hasn't all been fun and games...there's nothing like removing anal warts from some guy and have him poop all over you in the OR. (Not one of my finer moments!) I have also been putting in volunteer hours at the free clinic here in Twin, so I have been able to stay busy working anywhere from 12-15 hours a day. Who needs sleep right?
Even though I am loving this rotation, it's been hard to be away from Tay. You never realize how much you take the people you love for granted until you don't have them. He's such a good husband to me and I miss him so much. But...they say absence makes the heart grow fonder right? He has been working hard and enjoying a semi-bachelor life since I've been gone. I have a feeling the controller on the Playstation3 will be worn out by the time I come home!
Oh yeah....I finally got to see TWILIGHT! What can I say besides I LOVED IT!!! Of course it didn't live up to the book, but it was still amazing. Even Tay liked it, which says a lot about a "Chick Flick". Let's be honest, Edward is HOT. NOT Taylor hot, but hot nonetheless.
Well... time to go try and get some sleep. I hope that everybody is having a good holiday season. We can't wait to come to Arizona and see everybody. Yea for warm weather and spending time with family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! You make me laugh, ya I don't know about removing anal warts and getting pooped on, you hit the jackpot on that surgery! I miss you, I use to get to see you all the time... you forgot to mention in your post how you missed me and Kaydence ;) I can't wait for your rotation to be over so we can play! Love you!

Jami said...

you are funny. I can't imagin getting pooped on. I hate man poop!
I am so excited to have you guys down here. I have missed you and talyor. The other day we smelled a TERRIBLE fart...and we thought of taylor! isn't that sweet.