Saturday, October 4, 2008

Update

Well, once again, it's been over a month since my last post. I'm not very good at keeping up with this. Oh well. I told Tay that he needs to start blogging, but he doesn't listen to me. Maybe if he sees enough comments telling him to start then he will. Our lives are pretty busy, but boring right now. I just started my second clinical rotation. My first one was in a family practice clinic and it was awesome! My preceptor was so great, and I learned so much. Now I am in my OB/GYN rotation, but I spend one day a week at the Cancer Center in Pocatello. I was able to see a child delivered for the first time three days ago. WOW! What an amazing miracle! Kudos to all of the moms out there. I have no idea how you do it! Let's just say that watching a child come out is pretty good birth control for me. OUCH! The OB clinic is a great place to work because every patient is happy and compliant. Everybody is pregnant there, even my Supervising Physician and nurse! Must be something in the water. The Cancer Center is a much sadder place. Everybody is really sick and just hoping that something will help them. It really makes me realize that I'm not the type of person that can work in that setting. Other than my clinical rotations, I haven't been doing anything. I'm a loser. Oh well. Tay is still working for the Sheriffs Department. He is planning on finishing up his degree after I am done in August. He's such a hard worker. It's a good thing because he has to support my lazy butt! We miss and love everybody!

5 comments:

Jami said...

Yes, I would love to hear from taylor. I didn't know you were going to be done so fast. I can't belive that you will be done in august. Does that mean that you will move down here? I sure hope so, I also hope that you do something with kids, or adults, because I want you to be my PA

Unknown said...

I have never heard anything more ridiculous than you referring to yourself as a lazy butt!!! Seriously woman you are constantly busy in your rotations then studying and working on your masters thesis! Tell Tay we would absolutely love to hear from him. That is so cool that you get to witness miracles every day!

Kathleen said...

I have to second Nicole. Lazy Butt!!! I think you are as far from that as they come.
I am looking forward to having you in Twin for a rotation. I know you will be busy, but I am looking forward to getting to spend some more time with you. Even if it's just working out and eating a few meals together. I can't wait!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I have only seen a natural delivery once (my friends) since I have the c-sections. My friend wanted me to stay, I didn't. Let's just say it isn't my cup of tea. I'm glad none of my sis. have ever asked me, I would have to pass. I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you. :)

Kristina said...

That is fun. Seth is excited to start rotations next year. Basically he HATES classes and is excited for the change :P Do you know that watching birthing videos was one of the worst experiences of my life. Watching those dang videos was probably worse than actually having the baby :P
Anyway, Seth always says OB/GYN has to be nice because most of your interactions with patients are happy :P