Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Next Phase!

So....this last month has been more than a little crazy. It's been a whirlwind of traveling for interviews, graduation, board exams, the excruciating wait for my scores and preparing to move from our little home. From a previous post, most of you know the options we were comparing. We have made a decision and signed a contract. We are going to MOSES LAKE, WA of all places. It was an interesting conclusion because that was the only interview that Tay wasn't able to go with me on, but I really loved the clinic and the way that it was organized. It is in a community health clinic with 7 doctors and 8 other PA's. It's a brand new clinic with very nice rooms. The job itself has great hours, a really good benefits package and a good salary. One of the main attractions was the fact that they GUARANTEE student loan repayment! I will be able to be debt free after just 3 years! It's a very large benefit that happens to be tax-free! The community itself is a small place with about 20,000 in the city limits and about 40,000 in the greater area. I was expecting it to be a hole in the wall, but I thought that it was a cool little place. Tay and I will be going there in a couple of weeks so that he can explore and so that we can get the final details worked out. I am scheduled to start the first week in October. We are really excited about this move and feel that the Lord has played a very large part in our decision. Just an example of that is the fact that we are selling our house on the 25th of September without even putting it on the market! It has been such a huge blessing. Of course there are very mixed feelings because we won't be near our families anymore and that makes me more and more sad as time passes, but we do feel like this will be a good move for us. We have been so blessed to be near our families. They are so amazing and we are thankful every day to have been blessed with such great families. Plus, my brother Jared and his family live about an hour away in Kennewick so I will actually be able to spend more time with them now! Tay and I don't know much about Moses Lake, so if anybody does or has any tips for us, let us know!!!

8 comments:

Seth said...

That's amazing that they are repaying your loans! Wow, that sounds like a wonderful opportunity you guys got. Congrats.

Unknown said...

This will be a great move for you guys, I will miss you guys more than you know but you can't pass up such a great opportunity and it seems like this is where you were guided to go. I guess Moses Lake will just become our new favorite vacation spot! We love you guys and are so excited for this next stage (the selfish part of me is not so excited). Oh and hey we just found out your days are numbered before you have to head so we are SOOO going to the cabin, it sounds like everyone is going. I will just try not cry seeing as how we won't be able to all get together as often, (sniffle). Oh and I hope you know this means you have to be an avid blogger and take as many pictures as you can so I can feel like I'm right there with you! Oh and we are excited for Taylor too because he is starting school back up this week too right!?!? You two are just a powerhouse couple, love you!

Chandra said...

Oh Washington is the BEST! (Not that I've been there but I hear it's great..) Actually my mom just visited there and she LOVVVVVED it. Tanner has a couple friends up there... I guess closer to Seattle. Oh man! I am so happy for you! You guys are going to have such an amazing life up there! Yay! And what a blessing about your house! Can't wait to visit you guys once you get all settled! :-)

Marsha said...

It won't even be close to being the same without you two being 30 minutes away. We've been so spoiled with all of you so close, and with Kathleen and Kent being 2 hours away, and yet still driving over as often as they can. Now Nicole and Travis are in Salt Lake, and you're going to be the farthest away! We'll just have to learn the route to Moses Lake!
But we know this is right for you, so we are so excited for you, but so sad for us. Congratulations on everything. Love you so much.

Kathleen said...

It may be hard for me, but I am so happy for you guys!
It's an interesting transition to go from student to practicing professional. A tranistion you are SO READY FOR!!!! Congratulations!!!

Scott and Kel said...

Congrats to you both!!! It will be great! Sounds like a great job too. Anyway, let us know if you need anything before you move and seriously---You guys are awesome so go kick butt in Washington baby!! Oh yah, and KEEP IN TOUCH! Lose that cookie recipe again so you need to call me:)

Kristina said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. Rebecca and her family are back in Kennewick now too. Good Luck!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Congrats!!!! It feels weird not talking to you every week lately. That is so sad that you are moving, but you know it is right when everything works out the way it has. I am so happy for you both.