Thursday, August 6, 2009

When I Grow Up........

So....these past couple of weeks have been a crazy mess consisting of a nauseating amount of travel going to my interviews, my graduation, and studying for my board exams. In 2 weeks, I have been off and on 14 airplanes and spent more hours than I care to count being bored out of my mind waiting at 5 different airports. Let me tell you a bit about my interviews so that all of you can help me decide what to do with my life when I "grow up" and get a real job:). My first interview was in Aberdeen, WA for a hospitalist position. It is right on the coast and is BEAUTIFUL. They are offering a killer salary and a lot of time off, but I would be working 12 hour shifts and it would be 7 days on and then 7 days off. That sounds like a crazy schedule, but they also offer 5 weeks of paid vacation per year. Next up was a family practice clinic near Lake Havasu, AZ. The doctor there was really nice and it qualified for student loan repayment, but the salary would be significantly lower. Then, I was off to Moses Lake, WA at a community health center which was set up really well. It also qualifies for student loan repayment, but the salary is quite a bit lower than the one in Aberdeen. Anyways, there are my options so far. We are still deciding and we haven't heard back from all of the places yet, so I will keep you posted as we find things out. Here are some pictures....
This is the view from the neighborhood we would live in in Aberdeen. It overlooks the harbor and it's so pretty!








Here's a shout out to all the Twilight lovers of the world!! We were driving down to the beach and saw this sign. I wasn't going to stop, but then I thought that I couldn't claim to be a true Twilight fan if I didn't take a picture of this!!





You've gotta love the beach! It was so pretty with the morning fog and the waves. There's something very therapeutic about the ocean. I love it!






So, on our last night in Washington, Tay and I went to the Pike Place Market in Seattle. It was sooo cool! I'd like to go back there and explore some more.






Now this one was the view from our hotel balcony in Lake Havasu. It was really pretty! Our hotel there was so cool. It had a ton of modern touches.






As you can tell, the further we got into interviews, the lazier we got with taking pictures. In fact, I didn't take any on my trip to Moses Lake, but it was a pretty area. So, there's the facts. If anybody has any suggestions or advice...feel free to share. We can use all of the help that we can get!

Now, on to the big graduation day. It was a really great day! The graduation ceremony was just for the PA students and it was in this gorgeous building. The ceremony was not too long and the speaker was hilarious. Then there was a catered reception following the ceremony. We had a limit of 10 people that we could invite to the ceremony, so afterwards, we had a little get-together at the park to celebrate with everybody. Thanks to all of my family and Tay's family. You guys spoil us soooo much and we really appreciate it! Love you guys. Here's some graduation pictures. Don't laugh at how ridiculous I look in that stupid cap! I really wonder if they want you to look like a complete idiot on the day of graduation. I mean.. come on!!!























So there's the scoop on us. Exciting times! I am getting ready to take my board exams next week. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!! I feel like I'm going to have a stroke pretty much every time I think about going in to take the test. Seriously, I HAVE to pass this test and I don't deal well with that kind of pressure. My anxiety level is outrageous! Taylor is probably ready to move out until I get this out of the way. But seriously, please pray for me. I'm going to need the Lords help more than I can say:). We love everybody and hope that all is well!

11 comments:

Kristina said...

Congrats on graduating! You've been busy busy busy. Jackie knew an OB who said if he had it to do over again he would be a hospitalist. I don't know much about it though. And student loan repayment can make a huge difference even if the salary is lower. The important thing is to be in a place you enjoy doing something that you love doing. We'll be excited to hear where you will end up.

Okie Bloxhams said...

Congratulations!!! I about cried when you said Tay might want to move out cause of your stress level. although I know you were totally kidding, wow, I can sooo relate to that, me being married to a Bloxham myself who has taken many stressful board exams. Good luck with the boards, you will do awesome. love you.

Unknown said...

Amanda I am so stinkin proud of you! I don't think that could fail at anything in your life, but I will pray for you none the less. I'm excited for you to stay with us while your down here to take your exam, even though we won't be here over that weekend we are going to give you and Tay a key so you can stay as long as you can stand.
Anyway, woman where are the rest of the gorgeous pictures you took?!?! I want to see more of the gorgeous little couple(aka YOU TWO)! I void all three options and say you should move to Utah, preferably within a mile radius of us. Love you guys so much!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Congrats on the graduation!!! You will do great on your boards. You've done great so far, how could you not :)! Now a suggestion for places to go...check out the cost of living. Moses Lake is cheaper to live than the towns close to Seattle. That is just an idea. Maybe things have gotten a little cheaper up there with the economy being crazy and all. Hang in there though and good luck with the boards and decision making. Love ya

Andrew and Shandee said...

Wow. A lot has happened since we left for Hawaii. I will have to talk to you in more detail to help you with your decision, but at least you have options. That is great! Congrats on your graduation. Also we will pray for you because I know how huge this is. I will be in your shoes in 8 months. We missed you guys.

Kathleen said...

Since none are in Twin Falls, it doesn't really matter which job you take.
Okay, I'm kidding. I just want you two to be happy. Financially, which option would put you in the best position in 3-5 years, or 10 if you're planning on staying long term? What do Taylor's options look like for school and work? Just some things to think about, it you don't already have enough bouncing around in that head of yours =)
I am so happy for you guys! Soon you'll be on to the next chapter. I'll pray that you'll have the help you need to get there. I love you two TONS!

Chandra said...

Seriously need to sit down and talk to you- get all caught up!!!! Are you gonna go to Kaitlin's reception? Please tell me you are! There's so much to say and ask and talk about!!! But for now I'll say that you rock and I'm so proud of you and of course we are praying for you. You're going to kick A on those boards!!!!

Marsha said...

We're all so proud of you. I did pray for you during the time before and during the test you took.
It's such an exciting time, and yet bitter with the sweet. We are so excited for all of you getting through your degrees and moving on, but moving on seems to also mean moving away.(i.e. Travis and Nicole moving to SLC and now you two leaving us.)
I know you'll end up at the right place for both you and Taylor. We'll just miss you terribly.

Scott and Kel said...

I'm so excited for these fun steps in your life!!! I'm assuming you have your test by now and I hope you did well, I'm sure you did well! Keep in touch and GOOD LUCK!

The Forbush Family said...

Congrats for passing boards!!! You are amazing and I knew you would.

The Forbush Family said...

Ha ha. That last entry was signed on to my parents blog. Sorry. This is Shandee